Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

A woodcraft Kit unfinished project.

The walls are not that bendy, just a bad photo.


An extra floor in here? What do you think?










The front doors are fidly too and keep falling off! I will have to rethink how they attach to the house.






Thanks to everyone for all your lovely comments. The search for a kit or new project continues.


To answer Audra's question.


What houses do they sell in Australia?


Many houses are for sale here but are extremely expensive. Only one shop seems to sell Greenleaf and only a small selection of them. Craftworks are an Aussie company as well but are a little out of my price range.

I think I will have to find a design then buy the parts. If anyone in blogland knows of any shops in Australia let me know.









The photo's up on the blog today are of an unfinished Woodcraft kit. I liked this kit but am really unsure of the scale. I managed to buy a matching woodkit for the furniture that fits the size. Putting it together is a pain (and still continues to be a pain) Bits don't quite fit and tend to fall off. Lot's of glue needed.

I decorated the house with both paint and stain to try and get the wooden window look. I still need to do quite a bit of touch up on some areas where paint has landed in the wrong spots. I had some help to score the wood to make it look like polished floorboards to save on recovering the floor. I would have also like to have added a floor in the center of the stairwell. The house is all stairs and funny size rooms that don't fit much furniture.

I wasn't sure about what to do with the furniture to finish it. I saw a blog yesterday that had many items from their dollhouse covered in scrapbooking paper, which look effective so I thought today I would give it a try.


2 comments:

  1. Es una casa muy bonita, diferente a lo que estamos acostumbrados como casas de muñecas, a mi me encanta.
    Mil besitos...Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estoy de acuerdo con Julia es preciosa la casa y nada vista, me encanta.
    Gracias por haber enlazado mi sorteo en tu blog.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete