Thursday, June 5, 2014
So I finally made a decision on bricks…well for the most part :) After my experiments with different products I'm trying my own thing.
I found these coffee stirrers at a local catering company and thought that they are almost the right thickness and size to make individual bricks.
I have started gluing them down and so far I am pretty happy with the results. I am wanting a rendered/painted finish so you shouldn't see the wood at all.
So I have started with the bottom part of my chimney. The gluing is probably the trickiest part, making sure its straight and equally spaced. Anyway theres plenty of cutting and gluing to do. Guess that's what long weekends are for.